Enter If You Dare!
ORLANDO, Fla. (August 31, 2010) – Ripley Publishing builds on its worldwide success with the August 10 launch of a new annual, the seventh in its multimillion bestselling series. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Enter If You Dare! is an all-new collection of the strangest stories and features from around the globe.
A mind-boggling array of incredible and bizarre facts, stories, interviews and features are presented in a stunning new design.
New highlights include “Ripley’s Revealed,” an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at such subjects as contortionism, fire-eating and sword-swallowing. Enter If You Dare! also includes interviews with some of the planet’s most extraordinary people that explore their motivations, while “Ripley’s Research” boxes explain the science behind some of the most incredible tales in the book.
Stories from the book include:
- A Wisconsin man spent 17 years building a sports car in his cellar – then realized he had no way to get it out of his house. You won’t believe what he did to get it out!
- A teenager from Nepal is the smallest man on earth. He stands 22 inches tall and weighs just 10 pounds.
- A real-life fat cat in England weighs a whopping 22 pounds and likes to pig out on cheese-and-onion potato chips. He was chosen to be part of a weight loss group for porky pets.
- A Chicago woman needed something to wear to a party, so she made a dress – out of salami and bacon.
- A man spent 15 years building a model out of matchsticks – 4,000,000 matchsticks!
Enter If You Dare! also contains a dramatic double gatefold that details the shady world of vampires, and two single gatefolds – a tribute to Coney Island sideshows and a lifesize portrait of tiny teenager Jyoti Amge – she stands just 23 ½ inches tall!
Enter If You Dare! is sure to continue the massive success of the expanding Ripley’s book brand. The book is available for purchase through all major book retailers, online and at Ripley’s Odditoriums.
Edward Meyer, Vice-President, Exhibits and Archives, Tim O’Brien, Vice President of Communications, and Anne Marshall, Publisher, are available for interviews, as are many of the people featured in the book.
About Ripley Publishing
Ripley Publishing is the publishing arm of Ripley Entertainment Inc., the owner of the internationally famous trademark Ripley’s Believe It or Not! As world authority on all that is unbelievable, the company offers up its vast archives of the strange and unusual through books, television shows, tourist attractions, motion pictures, merchandise and the worldwide syndication of its daily newspaper cartoon. Ripley researchers across the globe are busy each day digging deep into the world of the odd and bizarre to compile enough fresh and exciting material to fill the Believe It or Not! series of books published each year.