Wellons Communications is among the leading public relations firms in Orlando. Our team is one of the most experienced in the region, and we represent clients in a wide range of industries, from local businesses to national brand names. This is a place to learn and build a portfolio in a professional atmosphere where no day is the same. We’re looking for experienced, eager interns who are interested in a career in the communications field.
As a Wellons intern, you will:
- Write copy for blogs, calendar listings, press releases, pitches and more
- Produce and schedule posts for social media campaigns
- Work with media lists and use them to drive coverage
- Help coordinate accounts by researching key projects, posting information to various sites and interacting with clients
- Assist with press events when needed
You might be the right fit if you:
- Have strong writing and communications skills
- Pay attention to details, and have the ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Are a self-starter and eager to learn
- Have experience working on social media campaigns
We’d also love it if you:
- Had at least one previous internship experience
- Had design skills, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Were familiar with programs such as Constant Contact and WordPress
- Were majoring in public relations, journalism or communication
We offer spring, summer and fall internships. To apply, please email a résumé to Lauren Sedam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having the opportunity to be an intern at Wellons Communications was something that I will always be grateful for. I learned new skills that I will use through my career in PR. I couldn’t have had as successful as a summer that I did without the leadership of the Wellons Communications team.
I’m extremely grateful to Wellons for giving me such a great experience for my first internship. I learned so much and was involved in many projects. I learned to write press releases, manage social media, and design some marketing pieces. Thanks to Wellons, I now feel more comfortable with public relations as a whole.
As an intern, I had opportunities to create social media posts, write press releases, and work on design projects. I had new and exciting projects to work on every day. The Wellons Communications team cared about me and wanted me to succeed. I left Wellons with a diverse portfolio of work.